Monday, April 30, 2012

Banana-Flax Granola + Raspberry Chocolate Pudding

This granola is actually so good! Considering there is no oil and it is sweetened with a single banana and 1 tablespoon of tapioca syrup. I just can't believe how crunchy it was! I was expecting a chewier texture but was pleasantly surprised. This granola was inspired from Diet Girl's Pretty Darn Healthy Homemade Granola. I just reduced the water, and added flax and coconut instead of the nuts.

BANANA FLAX GRANOLA

1 banana
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp tapioca syrup (could also use agave nectar or maple syrup)
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup flaxseeds

Preheat oven to 375F. Blend banana, syrup, water, salt and cinnamon. Combine oats, flaxseeds and coconut in a separate bowl. Mix in banana mixture until distributed throughout. Spoon mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet, spread out into a thin, flat sheet. Bake for 40. Every 10 minutes take out baking pan and break up pieces + flip over. The more you break it up, the more it will brown, and the crunchier it will get! Let cool

Crunchy! ;)





























I used this yummy granola on top of Chocolate-Raspberry Pudding! :)

Chocolate Raspberry Pudding!
1/2 an avocado, frozen raspberries, 3 tsp carob powder, stevia to taste


11 comments:

  1. Looks great! Is there a sub for the tapioca syrup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! any liquid sweetener you like, maple syrup would be really good :)

      Delete
  2. Yum. The final creation of pudding topped with the granola looks to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im making this right now! I used agave nectar instead of the tapioca. It smells delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an interesting combination. I would love to try it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh this crunchy granola looks FABULOUS! i've never heard of tapioca syrup - will have to look for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! As always, I love your food pictures. I love granola, I will have to try out this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just came across your awesome blog. Oh yummy this looks soooo good. My kinda treat! Never would have thought to put banana in granola!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your site and I am in love! I am so making this right now! Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just put the granola mix in the oven. Unfortunately I had a little baking accident yesterday so fingers crossed that my granola doesn't have smokey aroma.

    ReplyDelete