Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Natural Face Care: Exfoliant

I remember when I was in university last year, my skin would break out randomly from all of the junk food, staying up late and just in general not taking care of myself. One of my friends suggested baking soda as an exfoliator, I thought: Perfect! Baking soda is cheap and it seems natural right?

Well recently I looked up baking soda as a facial exfoliator and it changes the ph of the skin over time and causes strange rashes and burning sensations, doesn't sound sketch-free to me! lol

The oatmeal adds a gentle-ness and the kelp is a common facial exfoliator that usually goes over well with most skin types. The sea salt is there to mimic sea water, you know how you notice a glow in your skin after a dip in the ocean?

Here is a gentle, natural non-perishable facial exfoliant that takes no time to make:

lol, you can so tell my canadian-ness from this image, gotta love it ;)



1/4 cup roughly ground oats
2 1/2 tsp kelp granules
1 tsp sea salt

Combine ingredients and keep in a container. To use, combine mixture with a little water in hand and apply to face. Rinse off and cleanse as usual.

And another plus is that it's edible! lol, you know I couldn't resist.

For a natural non-perishable cleanser recipe click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment