Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Health Freak Food: Our New Photo Sharing Site!

Hello, fine feathered friends! Jenn and I just launched our new photo-sharing site called Health Freak Food. We are absolutely addicted to tastespotting, food gawker, findingvegan, all those yummy sites. So we decided to start our own which features healthy food photography from health blogs like yours!


There's one twist with this one, you can categorize your photos into categories such as candida-friendly, vegan, raw, paleo diet, macrobiotic, detox, body ecology diet etc. This tagging will help people navigate the photos and find delicious, healthy meals that suit their current lifestyle. All submissions will also be sketch-free! Meaning no refined sugars, white flour or vegan margarine. Only whole foods here!


Please check it out, spread the word and submit your photos!

13 comments:

  1. Congrats! Food photo galleries are fantastic! I'll be sure to submit to yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I'm having trouble accessing it on two computers. It keeps giving me a tumblr redirect error. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes, it should be working now, i'm editing the domain stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely the most fantastic idea ever. But, I can't add it to my RSS feed. Boo. Seriously though what an outstanding resource so could you please add more access to it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. woila! you read my mind, i was doing a feedburner just then :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea! I hope it't not too much work for you though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! There is definitely a demand for a site like this! Great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. woah, how awesome! I'm totally heading over to set up an account. thanks for working ont his!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous, fabulous idea! I can't wait! One question: I just went over to submit and see that you are asking for photos 640 x 480. Mine are all 550 and smaller. . . does that mean I can't submit? It looks like the actual pics on the site are much smaller than 640 x 480. . . any suggestions? I would be heartbroken if I couldn't participate in this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi there ricki! the photos should be either 640 X 480 or "book" size which is 4 X 3 (433 X 324). If you have a mac, iphoto will format this for you (open up your photo on iphoto, select edit, select crop, select constrain option and scroll down to Book 4 X 3. Then Export. OR you could just export your photo and select the size option and change it to large/ or medium. I'm still experimenting so if you aren't able to change the size submit your photos anyway and i'll see if they fit the format. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great--thanks! I'll try to submit as close as possible to 433 x 324. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great idea! Good luck girls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Having Trouble STICKING with your Paleo Diet?

    Want to eat some delicious recipes TONIGHT?

    Get your amazing Paleohacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete